A dental implant is a long-term and healthy tooth replacement solution that replaces the entire tooth — including the root — and looks, feels, and functions more like a natural tooth than a bridge or traditional dentures. Implants can restore your smile by providing a secure foundation for one tooth replacement, many teeth, or even an entire arch of teeth. A few of the many benefits of receiving dental implants include
- Dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care
- Dental implants look, feel, and function just like natural teeth
- Because dental implants replace the entire tooth — including the root — they are excellent for your long-term oral health
- Most patients are candidates for dental implants
For more detailed information on dental implants and to discover if they are the best solution for you, we encourage you to contact our office in Avon, CT, to schedule a consultation with one of our highly skilled oral surgeons. Dr. Lieblich, Dr. Fletcher, or Dr. Gill will review your tooth replacement options and create a treatment plan tailored just for you.
Dental Implant Procedure
Your dental implant treatment plan will depend on the number of implants being placed, whether you have bone loss and need a bone graft procedure for your implant to be successful, and if you will require an extraction of the tooth that will be replaced. Your oral surgeon and your dentist will work as a team to complete the process of receiving your dental implant. The entire dental implant process at Avon Oral, Facial and Dental Implant Surgery will generally involve two or three visits to the office over a few weeks or months.
Usually, the process goes as follows:
- You will have a consultation appointment with your oral surgeon where your oral health condition will be reviewed, and a completely personalized treatment plan will be formed. Imaging using 3D scans/Cone Beam technology will be taken to create custom surgical guides for your procedure.
- While under anesthesia, you will have the implant post surgically inserted in the bone beneath your gums. If you chose IV sedation, you will sleep comfortably during the procedure.
- After your dental implant placement, you will go home to begin the healing process. Most patients are back to their regular routines after a couple of weeks. Your dentist may make a temporary crown for you to wear during the healing period.
- Once your implant site has healed and the implant post/screw is securely fused with your jaw bone, your oral surgeon will place the abutments. The abutments connect your new permanent, custom-made crowns to your implants.
The experienced oral and maxillofacial surgeons at Avon Oral, Facial and Dental Implant Surgery are dental implant specialists. Drs. Lieblich, Fletcher, and Gill look forward to speaking with you about your tooth replacement goals during your consultation and developing a strategy with you for restoring your oral health and smile. Please feel free to call the front office to learn more about dental implants procedures at our trusted practice in Avon, CT.
You can learn more about the procedure for dental implants on our Dental Implant Procedure page.
Dental Implant Cost
Avon Oral, Facial and Dental Implant Surgery provides the full scope of oral surgery services at prices that are competitive for Avon, CT, and the surrounding communities. For your convenience and to make payment as accessible as possible for our patients, we accept many payment methods and insurance plans, as well as financing options.
Many dental implant candidates are concerned about pricing, but this type of tooth restoration treatment is proven to be an incredible value in the long term — for both your pocketbook and your health. Below are a few of the incredible financial and personal advantages that our Avon Oral, Facial and Dental Implant Surgery patients can enjoy when they choose dental implants as their solution for tooth loss:
- Dental implants do not require replacement after a few years like bridges or dentures. With proper care, dental implants can be a lifelong tooth replacement.
- Dental implants are embedded in the bone beneath the gums, stimulating the jaw bone like natural tooth roots. This helps to prevent destructive bone loss and other oral health problems that can be very costly to address.
- Dental implants allow patients to eat the foods they love and smile confidently, which is a vital advantage for overall long-term health and well-being.
If you are looking for a long-lasting, cost-effective, and healthy solution to missing or problem teeth, dental implants are truly the best choice.
For more on the cost and value of dental implants at Avon Oral, Facial and Dental Implant Surgery in Avon, CT, see our Dental Implant Cost page.
Dental Implant FAQ
Please see our Dental Implants FAQ page here.
Dental Implant Instructions
You will receive detailed care instructions regarding your dental implants from your oral surgeon and the Avon Oral, Facial and Dental Implant Surgery team, but for your convenience, we will include guidelines here. Always feel free to call our office with any questions you may have, including questions about pre- and post-operative care. We are happy to offer guidance and help you feel at ease.
Avoid chewing hard foods that may damage the surgical site or cause bleeding. Carefully follow all guidelines provided by our office, and, most importantly, practice good oral hygiene. Additional detailed instructions following various types of treatment are listed on our Instructions page. In the event of an emergency, please call our office. If you are experiencing a serious or life-threatening emergency, please call 911 or visit the nearest emergency room.
Tooth Replacement Options
Avon Oral, Facial and Dental Implant Surgery offers a broad range of tooth restoration options. During your consultation with one of our oral surgeons, your personal preferences, the current condition of your oral health, and other factors will all be taken into consideration to determine the right tooth restoration option for you. Some of your options for tooth replacement are the following:
- Dental Implants
- Full-Arch Replacement/All-on-4® Treatment Concept
- Bridges (Tooth-Supported)
- Full or Partial Dentures
If you have questions or would like to schedule your consultation with one of our surgeons, please contact our Avon, CT, office. We look forward to meeting with you to discuss your options for tooth replacement.
Learn more about your tooth replacement options on our Tooth Replacement Options page.