Post-Operative Instructions: Biopsy/Laser SurgeryBACK
- For patients who have had a biopsy and/or laser surgery, please maintain a soft diet and avoid eating spicy, acidic, and hot temperature foods.
- With laser surgery, the area will turn white as it heals. This is the body’s normal healing process.
- You will probably be numb early in the post-operative period. Be careful not to bite or pinch the area that is numb.
- Beginning the day after surgery, rinse the mouth with warm salt water (1/2 tsp of salt to 8 oz of water) twice daily until your post-operative visit. This helps keep the surgical site clean and aids in healing.
- Take prescribed medications according to the directions on the label. Pain medications are to be taken on an as-needed basis. For mild to moderate pain, Tylenol® (acetaminophen) or Advil® (ibuprofen) may be sufficient.
- Most of our sutures dissolve on their own, but some of the black sutures are NOT dissolvable and will need to be removed.
- You have an appointment for a post-operative follow-up visit. It is important that you keep this appointment, even if you feel well.
- If you have any questions or problems, please call the office at (860) 674-8079.