Welcome to Avon Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, LLP
Avon Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, L.L.P. is devoted to providing the highest level of surgical care in a comforting and state-of-the-art environment. A broad scope of the most up-to-date consultative and surgical services is supported by an experienced professional staff consisting of registered nurses and certified oral and maxillofacial surgical assistants. Drs. Lieblich, Fletcher and Gill are experienced in all facets of oral and maxillofacial surgery and are nationally recognized in their professional and academic organizations. They provide training and mentorship to students and resident physicians through their faculty appointments at the University of Connecticut.
Our practice of oral and maxillofacial surgery involves the treatment and management of numerous diseases of the teeth, oral cavity, jaws, and facial bones. Surgical procedures include:
- Extraction of teeth, including impacted wisdom teeth
- Intravenous anesthesia and sedation
- Placement of dental implants
- Sinus lift bone grafting
- Exposure and bonding of impacted teeth for orthodontics
- Orthognathic surgery (to reset jaw position)
- Frenectomy and release of tongue tie
- Laser surgery for certain oral and facial lesions
- Repair of traumatic injuries to the jaws and facial bones
- Surgical excision of cysts and tumors of the jaws and oral cavity
- Reconstructive surgery, including major bone grafts to maxilla and mandible
- Surgical Treatment for Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Surgical procedures are performed either in the office or hospital, depending on the nature of the procedure and specific needs of the patient. Most patients requiring hospitalization are admitted to Hartford Hospital or Connecticut Children’s Medical Center. Drs. Lieblich, Fletcher and Gill also may admit patients to other area hospitals including St. Francis, and John Dempsey Hospital (UConn).
Many office procedures can be performed with local anesthesia (“Novocain”), nitrous oxide (“laughing gas”) or intravenous anesthesia/sedation. The doctors and staff of RNs and Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Assistants are concerned with your comfort and will spend time at your consultation appointment to review your options. Each staff member is trained in assisting with IV Anesthesia and patients are continuously monitored during and after surgery.
Request an Appointment