Dental Implant Benefits
Dental implant are popular among patients because of their natural appearance and function. Oral surgeons have helped millions of Americans achieve a complete smile again and have an extremely high success rate. Significant benefits of dental implants include:
- Long-Term Results. Dental implants are a true tooth replacement—root and all. The implant post fuses to the jaw bone, so your replacement teeth will not slip or fall out like removable dentures.
- Versatility. Dental implants can replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or even an entire arch of teeth through full-arch restoration.
- Natural Appearance. The crown that is attached to the implant is designed by your restorative dentist to look just like your other teeth. It will resemble their size, shape, and color, and most people will not be able to tell which tooth is the replacement tooth.
- Promote Good Oral Health. Bone resorption in the jaw can occur when teeth have been missing for a prolonged time. Other oral health issues can be caused by tooth loss as well, such as dental shifting, jaw misalignment, speech and eating difficulties, gum disease, and more. Dental implants help prevent bone loss in the jaw and in turn protect the natural shape of your jaw for younger, healthier appearance.
- Most People Are Candidates. If you are healthy enough for a minor dental procedure, such as a tooth extraction, you are likely a candidate for dental implants. When there is some bone loss in the jaw, additional work is required for the implants to be successful. If this is the case, you may have a bone grafting procedure before receiving dental implants.
- Easy Maintenance. Simply brush and floss your dental implants just like natural teeth. No special rinses, paste, or product is necessary.
What Are My Tooth Replacement Options?
It is common for adults to lose at least one tooth in their lifetime. This can be due to an injury, infection, or disease. There are several options to consider when replacing the tooth.
- Dental implants are the only replacement option that fuses to the jaw bone. The post mimics a tooth's root, stimulating the jaw and preventing bone loss. Implants feel just like natural teeth because they are designed to replicate their appearance and function, which includes being embedded into the jaw bone like a regular tooth.
- Full-arch restoration uses multiple dental implants to secure a fixed prosthesis. Our practice uses the All-on-4® treatment concept, using only four posts to ensure your implant-supported denture prevents bone loss, feels secure, and looks just like natural, healthy teeth.
- Traditional dentures and partial dentures must be replaced every few years due to wear and tear. If not properly fitted, they can slide around in your mouth and cause sores. Removable dentures must be taken out during eating and brushing, which can be embarrassing. Because there is nothing to stimulate the jaw bone, the bone will deteriorate over time.
When you do not replace a missing or failing tooth, the jaw bone will weaken and adjacent teeth can shift out of alignment. In addition to improving your oral health, dental implants will improve your quality of life by allowing you to enjoy eating and laughing with confidence in your smile again.
Find Dental Implants in Avon, Glastonbury, and Enfield, CT
For more detailed information on dental implants and to discover if they are the best solution for you, we encourage you to contact one of our offices located in Avon, Glastonbury, and Enfield to schedule a consultation. Dr. Lieblich, Dr. Fletcher, Dr. Gill, or Dr. Ambrogio are board-certified oral surgeons and will review your tooth replacement options, then create a treatment plan tailored just for you.
Central Connecticut’s Oral Health Specialists
Our team of board-certified oral surgeons are the experts you can trust to deliver outstanding results through.
Central Connecticut's Oral Health Specialists
Our team of board-certified oral surgeons are the experts you can trust to deliver outstanding results.