If you require replacements for an entire upper or lower arch of teeth, you may be a candidate for a full-arch replacement using a revolutionary treatment called All-on-4. With this treatment, an entire arch of teeth is supported using four dental implant posts. This procedure frees you from the inconvenience of other solutions such as traditional dentures, which tend to slip out of place and are often not as comfortable as implant-based tooth restorations. Like dental implants, full-arch replacement is permanent and secure — your new full-arch of teeth will be fixed in place. You can quickly enjoy eating the foods you like, speaking clearly and confidently, and smiling like you used to.
Not only does the All-on-4 treatment allow you to eat, speak, and smile with confidence again, like individual implants, this treatment can prevent bone resorption and other oral health problems. Most patients are happy to discover that they are a good candidate for All-on-4. During your consultation with one of our experienced oral surgeons at Avon Oral, Facial and Dental Implant Surgery, you and your doctor will decide if this is the best treatment option for you.
Why should I choose All-on-4?
Full-arch restoration using the All-on-4 Treatment Concept is a life-changing alternative to removable dentures. This treatment replaces a full upper or lower arch of teeth in one procedure using only four implant posts. All-on-4 is, therefore, a much more cost-effective and efficient solution than using multiple individual implants, but patients will still benefit from the stability and health benefits of having individual dental implants. Plus, the All-on-4 Treatment Concept reduces your healing time, allowing you to enjoy your new smile faster.
This dental implant-based surgery is often favored over other dental replacement options for many reasons:
- Less post-surgical discomfort, swelling, and healing time
- Permanent, non-removable replacement for multiple teeth
- A full arch of functional new teeth supported by only four implants
- The All-on-4 treatment prevents bone loss and preserves your oral health
The result of this treatment is that you will quickly enjoy a full-arch of new teeth that are custom designed for your mouth and will look and function just like natural teeth. In most cases, you will receive a temporary set of teeth the day of your procedure, and while you heal, your final set will be customized by your restorative dentist.
The All-on-4 treatment is a cooperative effort between you, your oral surgeon, and your restorative dentist. The process of receiving this type of treatment begins the day of your consultation with one of the trusted oral surgeons at Avon Oral, Facial and Dental Implant Surgery.
Your oral surgeon will create a unique treatment plan for your dental restoration based on our advanced diagnostic tools, your oral health condition, and your choice of anesthesia. Generally, an All-on-4 procedure is performed in the comfort of our surgical suite at Avon Oral, Facial and Dental Implant Surgery, and goes as follows:
- Anesthesia. The surgeons at our practice are highly trained in office anesthesia and will administer the anesthesia you chose during your consultation. Each member of our staff is trained in assisting with anesthesia, including IV anesthesia, and patients are continuously monitored during and after surgery.
- Implant placement. Your oral surgeon will strategically place four dental implant posts beneath your gums. These implants will be the permanent foundation for your new full arch of custom-made teeth.
- Temporary fixed denture. A temporary denture will be placed while the implant sites heal completely to ensure that your implants heal fully before they are subjected to the full force of chewing.
- Healing period. Full recovery after dental implant surgery may take between three and six months because the implant must have time to successfully fuse with the bone in your jaw to become a stable foundation for your new full arch of teeth. During the healing process, your final set of replacement teeth will be customized by your restorative dentist.
- Final set of custom teeth. Once the healing process is complete, your dentist will place your final prosthesis/denture. It will look and function just like healthy, natural teeth. You will be able to eat, speak, and smile confidently!
All-on-4 Treatment Concept
The All-on-4 Treatment Concept is an efficient, cost-effective, long-term, and realistic replacement for all or many of your upper and/or lower teeth. If you are interested in exploring this tooth replacement option, please contact our offices for a consultation with one of our trusted oral and maxillofacial surgeons.